· Start date in September 2019;
· Office in Edinburgh or Islington (London) if strongly preferred;
· Initial 18 month contract;
· Full-time position (part-time is possible but no less than 3 days per week);
· Salary £33-39k FTE depending on experience;
· Package of benefits including flexible working, 33 days holiday, pension.
Scene Connect ("Scene") is a leading renewable energy consultancy in local energy and energy access, with innovation projects in the UK and global south. Due to recent success in funding competitions, we are looking to expand our technical team with new appointments – with specific focus on our Cloud ZUoS project.
We’re looking for a candidate who buys-in to what we stand for, both in terms of our mission and our collaborative approach to team working. Check out our projects to see what we have done since we started in Edinburgh in 2011. We are a small, but steadily growing business - we currently have around 20 staff across our Edinburgh and London offices (with some staff shared with Connected Energy, a business in which we are a founding partner and shareholder, that helps to bring renewable energy to people in rural areas in South Asia and East Africa).
We work across the UK, and are part of international projects in India, Tanzania, Rwanda, Nepal and Uganda.
The role will be to help design and implement our ZUoS energy services platform, which will allow electricity grid operators to automate energy services to increase efficiency and generate value. It will address three overarching grid constraints that prohibit deployment of distributed energy resources (DER): thermal constraints; lack of bi-directional power flow capability; and the absence of a local trading framework.
The project pilot is based in Huntly (north east Scotland), working with local domestic and commercial consumers, and local generators, to develop and trial the ZUoS platform. We will integrate the ZUoS energy trading platform with Enbala (Canadian partner)’s Virtual Power Plant platform to deliver a market coupled virtual power plant system.
We are looking for a full-stack developer. Candidates with passion for web technologies and Internet of Things are invited to apply and be part of the ZUoS project team, working with our commercial and technical project team to bring the platform to life.
Who you are:
• Good communication skills as a core member of a social enterprise with an international scope and teams in Edinburgh and London.
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be self-motivated to problem solve, debug and bring tasks to completion.
Ideally you have experience specialising in part of, or working across the whole, software stack:
• Automated testing and creating, managing and using test data for development
• Understanding product development requirements and user stories
· Write a max 1-page cover letter;
· Send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will commence immediately upon applications received.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.