Administration & Communications Officer
· Start date in May 2019;
· Office in Islington (London) or Edinburgh if strongly preferred;
· Permanent contract;
· Full-time position (part-time is possible but no less than 4 days per week);
· Salary £22k-£25k FTE depending on experience;
· Package of benefits including flexible working, 33 days holiday, pension.
Scene Connect ("Scene") is a leading renewable energy consultancy in the community and local energy sectors. We are also shareholders in Connected Energy, a business that helps to bring renewable energy to people in rural areas in South Asia and East Africa. We are looking for an Admin & Comms Officer to join our team – working across the two companies - helping the team to work as effectively as possible, and engaging people in our work.
We’re looking for a candidate who buys-in to what we stand for, both in terms of our mission and our collaborative approach to team working. Check out our projects to see what we have done since we started in Edinburgh in 2011. However, don’t let lack of specific renewable energy knowledge dissuade you from applying.
We are a small, but steadily growing business - we currently have around 15 staff across our Edinburgh and London offices. We also have a small office in Odisha (India). We work across the UK, and are part of international projects in India, Tanzania, Rwanda, Nepal and Uganda.
· Coordinate activities and travel within and across offices;
· Work with project managers - supporting budgeting and planning;
· Management of a CRM and processing sales of our products;
· HR support, including management of holiday calendars and organising staff training;
· Work with the directors on company financial administration (payroll, expenses, pensions, statutory accounts etc).
· Discussing with team members, carrying out primary research and writing copy for external audiences;
· Provide support for creative projects such as social media campaigns and videos;
· Development of presentations and marketing materials;
· Manage company websites, blogs and social media.
· Appetite to learn;
· Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role;
· Excellent written communication skills;
· Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles (knowledge of bookkeeping software is a bonus – we use Xero);
· Good IT skills (MS Office, design packages (Adobe suite a bonus), ability to work with website content management systems).
There is no specific requirement for qualifications. We care more about you, your experience and your eagerness to learn. Knowledge of our sectors is a bonus (renewable energy, international development).
· Write a max 1-page cover letter;
· Send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com Interviews will commence immediately upon applications received.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK.