Vacancy: IoT Developer
Salary: £29k - £34k
Term: Full-time, permanent position
Location: London or Edinburgh
Application deadline: 9am, 28th May 2018
Scene is looking for an IoT Developer with 3+ years of experience who can work in early-stage product design. The role will be based in either our Edinburgh or our London office working with a team based across both locations. The technical work will be in the renewable energy sector, focussing on Internet of Things (IoT) products from hardware sensors to software service development, with applications in the UK and developing world context.
As an IoT Developer you will be responsible for:
- Rapid prototyping of IoT and sensor hardware and embedded firmware using tools such as arduinos and/or ST Microcontrollers
- Development of backend servers using an open source IoT platform
- Development of APIs to integrate front-end and back-end
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related subject, or demonstrated equivalent expertise given your 3+ years of experience.
All candidates should have the following qualities:
- 3+ years of experience in working collaboratively to develop hardware, software or firmware solutions
- Working with Arduino type micro-controllers and experience in writing C++
- At minimum a basic understanding of electronic/electrical engineering
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be self-motivated to problem solve, debug and bring tasks to completion.
Ideally you would have experience with:
- Radio communications protocols e.g. LoRa
- Understanding of how to implement mesh networks
- PCB design software such as Eagle
- Postgresql, RESTfull APIs
- Delivery of coding in Python
- Blockchain technologies and distributed ledgers
To apply for this position please email your CV and a covering letter outlining why you would be a good fit for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on May 28th 2018. Please put “IoT Developer” in the email subject.
About Scene Connect:
Scene Connect ("Scene") is a leading renewable energy consultancy in the community and local energy sectors. Over the next 6 months, the candidate will be focussed on two of Scene’s largest projects, EMBLEM and HELP. EMBLEM is a trial of peer to peer energy trading networks in the UK and in developing world markets. The focus will be on developing monitoring technology for both on-grid and off-grid systems. HELP is a large international project investigating energy usage in refugee camps in Rwanda and Nepal. Your focus on this project will be to develop an ‘energy interface’ for a proposed renewable energy intervention within the camps.