Scene Connect ("Scene") is a leading renewable energy consultancy in the community and local energy sectors. We are looking for an Office Administrator to join our team – supporting the directors and helping the rest of the team to work as effectively as possible. We’re looking for a candidate who buys-in to what we stand for, both in terms of our mission and our collaborative approach to team working. However, don’t let lack of specific renewable energy knowledge dissuade you from putting your hat in the ring.
Our work encompasses rural wind turbines to urban heat networks and we are passionate about maximising the local benefits which come from distributed energy, be that income from ownership to deliver wider community projects, or the provision of energy to enable clean water or education. Check out our projects to see what we have done since we started in Edinburgh in 2011.
We are a small, but steadily growing business - we currently have 9 staff across our Edinburgh and London offices. We also have a small office in Odisha (India). We work across the UK, and are part of international projects in India, Tanzania, Rwanda, Nepal and Brazil.
· Coordinate activities and operations within and across offices;
· Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for management;
· Manage phone calls and correspondence;
· Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures;
· Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned;
· Support company comms and marketing.
· Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role;
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities;
· Excellent organisation;
· Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles (knowledge of bookkeeping software is a bonus);
· Good working knowledge of MS Office.
There is no particular requirement for high school or university level qualifications.
Package and Start Date
· Start date in April 2018;
· Office in Islington (London) or Edinburgh if strongly preferred;
· Permanent contract;
· Full-time position (part-time is negotiable);
· Salary £22k-£27k FTE depending on experience;
· 32 days holiday.
· Write a max 1-page cover letter with the following title: “What I would bring to the table if I was Office Administrator at Scene”.
· Send your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd March 2018. Interviews to take place soon after the closing date.